Project Manager / Project Architect
United Architectural Metals and United Glass & Panel Systems are looking for team members to join their design and project management team. The position offers a unique opportunity to work alongside world famous architecture firms to develop custom building enclosures across the country. We are currently working with Perkins Eastman, Ballinger and have had the opportunity to finish projects with Pelli Clarke Pelli, Foster + Partners, HoK, Kieran Timberlake, HKS, Raphael Vinoly, Perkins+Will, Gensler and others.
Candidate must be able to attend design assist meetings and collaborate with architects, owners, and Construction management teams while maintaining budget, schedule and quality. Candidate should possess excellent verbal/written communication skills and management/organizational qualities, along with dynamic leadership skills in a team-oriented working environment. Must be self-motivated and adept at multitasking. Proficient use of MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is also a necessity.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate effectively with team members, clients, architects & engineers within Traditional Project Delivery Methods, Design Assist and Integrated Project Delivery arena toward healthy and constructible envelope designs that meet project expectations.
- Attend required meetings and conference calls as main point of contact during design assist.
- Work with vendors to develop systems most appropriate to meet architects design intent and performance specification
- Assist with developing, managing and executing project estimate within budget.
- Manage project documents including submittals, cost tracking and closeouts.
- Execute project scope as planned, budgeted and scheduled.
- Develop and maintain overall project scope-specific schedule of activities and durations.
- Communicate effectively with subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, manufacturers and project partners to ensure efficient performance and project delivery.
- Maintain professional and positive relationship with internal and extended project team members.
- Facilitate field activity coordination with established project guidelines and quality control/assurance measures.
- Proficient with the following Software:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Adobe Suite/Acrobat and/or Bluebeam Revu
- Autodesk Revit
- Scheduling Software (Gantt, Primavera)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of exterior building and façade systems
- Familiar with Lean methods of project delivery
- Adept at navigating and interpreting architectural blueprints and specifications
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace