3D Façade Designer
United Architectural Metals is looking for team members to join their 3D modeling team. The position offers a unique opportunity to design custom exterior building facades for high profile architectural projects.
- Develop advanced 3D models for coordination, material extraction, and fabrication.
- Prepare technical drawings in 2D and 3D for fabrication and assembly.
- Work with team to develop bill of materials, cut sheets, fabrication drawings, and unit drawings for custom façade systems.
- Follow design guidelines, processes, and drafting protocol.
- Work with digital fabrication manager and project managers to complete projects on time.
- Architectural or engineering background.
- Ability to review and understand construction documents.
- Consistently display accuracy and thoroughness.
- Must be proficient in AutoCad and Revit. Experience in Rhino, Solidworks, and Inventor is a plus.
- Previous experience in exterior facades is a plus.
- Knowledge of exterior building materials, methods and manufacturing.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Communication skills are a must.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and stay flexible to meet deadlines and goals.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Autocad and Revit.
- Bachelors (preferred)
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace