United Glass & Panel Systems, Inc. is seeking qualified applicants for full-time Superintendent position with our team. We believe our team of professionals are responsible for the growth and advancement within our market to becoming the premier glazing and envelope contractor. Experience, knowledge, passion and commitment to excellence in service are key to our success – we are looking to build and strengthen our team with new candidates that share the same resolve!
Candidate should possess excellent verbal communication skills and management/organizational qualities, along with dynamic leadership capabilities and a hard-working dedication in a team-oriented environment. Applicant must be self-motivated and adept at multi-tasking, with experience in the commercial construction industry.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate effectively with internal team members, clients, architects & engineers within Traditional Project Delivery Methods, Design Assist and Integrated Project Delivery arena toward healthy and constructible envelope designs and workmanship that meet or exceed project expectations.
- Lead and manage union labor force on all active projects toward compliance with project schedule expectations.
- Assist with developing, managing and executing project estimate within budgets.
- Facilitate document management and information-sharing as liaison between labor force and internal project team.
- Execute project installation scope as planned, budgeted and scheduled.
- Assist with development and maintenance of overall project scope-specific schedule of activities and durations. Must be able to adeptly navigate and utilize electronic resources integral to labor scheduling, tracking and forecasting efforts.
- Communicate effectively with subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, manufacturers and project partners to ensure efficient performance and project delivery.
- Maintain professional and positive relationship with internal and extended project team members.
- Manage field activity coordination with established project guidelines and quality control/assurance measures amongst a large team of personnel.
- Coordinate with internal team on equipment requirements necessary for project execution.
- Experience managing daily activity tracking.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in commercial construction industry, preferably specific to exterior façade systems.
- 2+ years of experience as a construction superintendent preferred.
- Strong leadership skills with proven record of success matrices related to field labor management, schedule and budget compliance.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Advanced knowledge of exterior building and façade systems, with firm grasp of means and methods associated with installation thereof.
- Adept at navigating and interpreting architectural blueprints and specifications.
- Critical thinking, problem solving and analytical mindset.
- Proficient with the following Software:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Adobe Suite/Acrobat and/or Bluebeam Revu
- Scheduling Software (Gantt, Primavera, etc.)
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace